AHD Materials Management Technician II
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Materials Mgmt
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 25245-16557
- Posted: May 19, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, requisitions, orders, issues, delivers, receives and warehouse supplies/equipment, maintains inventory records and provides input regarding minimum stock levels and rates of usage. Sorts/distributes mail and moves furniture and equipment. Assigned to various supply functions for a majority of the work time that falls within at least one of the following criteria: (1) Interdepartmental or system-wide receiving, storing and distributing supply duties and responsibilities; (2) Working in a warehouse or central stores environment; loading and unloading whole truck loads of goods; redistributing existing large inventories within warehouses; issuing and wrapping bulk items for deliveries; (3) Supply duties and responsibilities that are assigned for a specialized inventory such as, central stores, med surg and non-med surge areas Responsible for the proper receipt, storage, security or issuance of goods. Performs related duties as assigned.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. At a facility, delivers, sets up and places new furniture, moves used furniture and other heavy objects; ; drives a light or medium duty truck in the pick up or delivery of supplies, furniture and equipment to departments and outside agencies or a regularly scheduled run or by request.
2. In a warehouse or central stores, environment incumbents receive, store and rotate institutional size. packages, and bulk case lots; loads and unloads whole truck loads of goods; converts items received from outside vendors to Alameda method of use; issues item in small lots to departments and satellite offices.
3. May also be assigned to receive, sort, and deliver USPS, Fedex or other priority mail in the mail room thought out the medical center. Run and apply postage on automated postage machine, including dispatch and pick up of specimens or packages to deliver to other internal department or external service providers.
4. Performing routine supply or warehousing duties. May do all receiving and delivering of supplies and equipment for one location; may inventory all fixed assets (furniture and equipment) at a facility; may operate motor vehicles in the performance of duties. Maintains the orderliness and cleanliness of the work area or storeroom.
5. May type or prepare orders/requisitions, file, Xerox, and maintain records for supply activities; may use common hand tools and standard office equipment.
6. Operates a large duplicating machine in a central copy center to produce forms, manuals, and other documents; prioritizes jobs; adjusts settings and quantities and performs routine maintenance tasks; maintains production and cost records; operates related equipment such as hole driller, binder, paper cutter, and padding equipment; orders and maintains stock of paper supplies.
7. Operates equipment related to job, such as pneumatic tubes, dollies, hand and platform trucks/carts, paper counters, shrink wrap, pallet jacks, roller conveyor, and forklift truck.
8. Receives stock that supports an office environment, organizational inventory or outside vendors, check for damage and quantity, determines whether orders conform with invoice; stores stock in accordance with previously established systems; provides input regarding minimum stock level; rates of usage, and may recommend minimum stock. Communicates and is first point to initiate damage claims with appropriate carrier and the Purchasing department. Prepares brief statistical summaries of supply activities.
9. Receives supplies form Alameda stores and outside vendors; telephones pre-designated contracted vendors regularly to check market prices; makes telephone orders for specific materials; tracks packages using on-line vendor tracking software.
10. Insure incoming supplies are stocked first in first out basis. Performs periodic cycle counts and checks for outdates as part of stocking activity. Sets up stocks of supplies at a variety of work locations. Takes physical inventory and maintains manual records of stock issues, received or surveyed, and on hand. Accurate and timely data entry into automated inventory systems. May be required to do a daily physical inventory.
11. Receives, identifies, stores, rotates, issues a variety of supplies, equipment, checks for correct temperature requirements; assembles and processes equipment such as gas and oxygen tanks with/without gauges, and supply carts.
12. Stocks crash carts with predetermined inventory of medical supplies; checks oxygen tanks on crash carts for proper operation; exchanges code blue carts on units when unit cart is used with a backup crash cart.
Education: High School diploma required.
Education: Associate's degree or some college coursework preferred.
Preferred Experience: Two years as a full-time Materials Management Technician I. Central Supply Technician experience considered.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid CA Driver's License.