Centering & Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program Coordinator
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Ambulatory Svcs Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25793-16986
- Posted: January 14, 2020
SUMMARY: Develops and implements procedures and workflows required for standardization and provision of group prenatal care at any Alameda Health System site offering CenteringPregnancy; oversees the integration of Centering Pregnancy into the culture and work of the clinic; tracks and organizes outcome data, facilitates activities which support clinic objectives and supports the day-to-day provision of group prenatal care via the CenteringPregnancy model.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE:The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. With support of clinic leadership, creates and maintains all required policies and procedures for the effective administration of CenteringPregnancy (CP).
2. Interfaces with Centering Healthcare Institute and/or CP Consultant as needed to maintain model fidelity, site licensure, and to obtain other assistance or support.
3. Observes, teaches, coaches, and provides feedback for providers and staff related to provision of care via CP.
4. Maintains inventory and oversees distribution of promotional materials for clinic, CP Mom’s Notebooks, room supplies, food for groups, and incentives for participants and clinic staff
5. Tracks enrollment/retention of CP-eligible patients and develops systems to maximize same, using an opt-out model.
6. Assists with orientation and training of co-facilitators, including clinic staff, students, and AHS volunteers
7. Develops and maintains a visual presence of Centering Pregnancy through the distribution of materials (pamphlets etc.) at all points of entry to the Women’s Clinic.
8. Incorporates providers and staff from pediatrics, lactation, and CPSP assessment/education services into designated sessions of all Centering groups.
9. Conducts monthly meetings with all providers of CP groups and communicates needs to stakeholders.
10. Designs and publishes calendars, schedules, flyers and otherwise provides guidance to administrative staff in Maternal Child Health with regard to CP.
11. Attends Centering groups as needed to perform administrative or facilitative functions.
12. Acts as Centering advocate and liaison among all employees in Maternal Child Health.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Required Experience: One year experience in a maternal-child health setting.
Preferred Experience: Previous clinical experience.