Director, Emergency Services and Trauma
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Nursing Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25939-17101
- Posted: January 16, 2020
SUMMARY: The Director, Emergency Services & Trauma provides administrative direction with 24-hour 7-day a week responsibility. Provides system-wide leadership to maximize the contribution of Patient Care Services to the overall performance of AHS through effective planning and positive quality outcomes; directs the activities and services ensuring that responsibilities and activities are carried out in accordance with AHS policies and procedures. The incumbent functions as the chief staff employee ensuring consistent operations and care standards across all locations. Effective job performance requires the exercise of critical judgment in analyzing complex problems and in formulating recommendations with far-reaching consequences. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Level Ensures appropriate management of personnel through staff development, performance evaluations, goal setting and when necessary, progressive discipline.
2. Ensures compliance with state and federal licensing regulations and/or accreditation programs within areas of responsibility.
3. Establishes departmental goals, objectives, and budgets in accordance with the Medical Center’s mission and strategic plans, assuring that short-term objectives and budgets are consistent with long-term plans anticipated for the future.
4. Functions independently within the framework of the Medical Center and Emergency, Trauma and Injury prevention Nursing Care and services strategic direction, philosophy, goals and objectives, policies and budgetary circumstances.
5. Maintains quality patient care service by planning developing, implementing and evaluating policies, procedures, patient care standards, programs and/or services consistent with the overall goals, objectives and activities of the Medical Center.
6. Participates in the development and oversight of quality programs, activities and performance improvement to measure, assess and improve the quality of ICU, Emergency, Trauma and Injury prevention Nursing Care and services delivered to the patients.
7. Promotes a positive image of the Medical Center in a relationship with other institutions, regulatory bodies and community organizations.
8. Serves as a resource for other Medical Center staff and the community.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Master’s Degree in Nursing, health or business administration.
Minimum Experience: Two years progressive management experience; in a leadership/management level position and in clinical/specialty area(s).
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: MICN - Mobile Intensive Care Nurse and/or TNCC -Trauma Nurse Core Course.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
Required Licenses/Certifications: TNCC -Trauma Nurse Core Course (Required for Emergency department).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.