This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Full Time - Night
- Req #: 25769-16969
- Posted: January 17, 2020
SUMMARY: Under direction of an anesthesiologist or administer, to participate or to assist in the administration of anesthetics by inhalation and intravenous methods; to participate under the direction and supervision of a physician in intubation and resuscitation of newborn infants; and to do related work as required.DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Provides nursing assistance in anesthesiology; conducts patient assessments including interview, physical examination and chard review to determine any risks and recommend the appropriate anesthesia; administers anesthesia to patients in surgery, in the labor delivery suite, and in other areas of the hospital involving such procedures as the administration of diagnostic and therapeutic nerve blocks.
2. Assists in post-anesthesia care of patients and keeps the supervising anesthesiologist or surgeon informed of patient's status.
3. Responds to "Code Blues" as necessary; assists in resuscitations and difficult intubations, and assists in intubation and resuscitation of newborn infants.
4. Cleans, checks, and restores the anesthesia equipment in the different service areas of the hospital; orders drugs and anesthesia supplies.
5. Assists in the evaluation of new techniques and procedures in anesthesiology for introduction into the service.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required; Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred; graduation from a school of anesthesia complying with the standards of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists and the California State Board of Registered Nurses.
Minimum Experience: Two years of full-time experience in the administration of anesthetics by inhalation and intravenous methods in an active acute hospital or clinic may be substituted for the educational requirement. Experience in obstetrical and emergency anesthesia and experience in the intubation and resuscitation of newborn infants is considered desirable.
Required Licenses/Certifications: ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - issued by AHA - American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Certification as a Nurse Anesthetist by the California State Board of Registered Nurses.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.