This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Alameda Health Partners (AHP)
- AHP Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25626-16857
- Posted: March 12, 2020
Alameda Health Partners is recruiting an Analyst to optimize Professional Revenue cycle and to provide guidance for professional billing and practice management in a high growth medical group. Alameda Health Partners, a newly formed physician hospital organization is a wholly subsidiary of Alameda Health System, a major public health system and medical training institution headquartered in Oakland, CA. The system has more than 4,500 employees and 1,100 physicians and comprises three general acute hospitals, two skilled nursing facilities, an inpatient rehabilitation facility, an inpatient psychiatric facility, and four community wellness centers. The Health System is driven by its mission - Caring, Teaching, Healing, Serving All. The heart of its mission is to promote wellness, eliminate disparities, and improve and maintain the health of the residents of the diverse communities within Alameda County, regardless of ability to pay.
This position is responsible to provide leadership guidance for Professional Revenue Cycle and Practice Management. Support management with the optimization of revenue cycle. Assist with the oversight for the overall policies, objectives and initiatives of AHP Revenue Cycle activities; works collaboratively with Providers, Leadership of AHP, Directors, Managers, and Support Staff to review, design, and implement process improvement where needed. This position will support the Chairs and Chief with the production of weekly professional billing reports for all service lines to ensure maximum revenue capture.
- Focus on revenue optimization within AHP.
- Create dashboards and reports for all service lines to optimize professional revenue billing across the physician enterprise.
- Physician documentation support and optimization when needed.
- Evaluate professional billing analytics
- Timekeeping and create reports on PTO and leave of absences.
- Assist Executive Director with maintaining revenue cycle goals defined within established industry and/or Health standards and provides guidance for accountability and ownership at the appropriate level.
- Ensures that organizational integrity/regulatory standards are maintained in all revenue cycle policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensure that Providers know and understand their role related to regulatory compliance with regard to appropriate documentation for charge capture.
- Work collaboratively with AHS finance to ensure that revenue and reimbursement properly report and support the services provided.
- Support AHP Professional Revenue Cycle policies, standards, processes and procedures. Provide appropriate education, training and monitoring or these policies with Providers and Leadership.
- Other duties as assigned as needed.
- Act in an appropriate and professional manner as defined by Alameda Health System Standards of Behavior, Policy and Procedures, and Scope of Services.
- Role model AHP and AHS Standards of Behavior.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Current office administrative practices and procedures. Use independent judgment and initiative within established policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Knowledge of patient focused revenue cycle operations with a metric-driven, performance-based culture of accountability
- Excellent decision-making, delegating, communication skills written and verbal, and technical writing skills
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Required Experience: Three years working in a hospital or medical office; and 3 years' experience in analytics related to revenue cycle management and analyst duties.
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Activity: Sit: Continuously (more than 2/3 of the work shift)
- Activity: Stand: Occasionally (up to 1/3 of the work shift)
- Activity: Walk: Occasionally (up to 1/3 of the work shift)
- Motion: Bend/Twist: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Carry/Lift: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Reach: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Squat: Up to 1/3 of time
- Use of Hands (Left/Right): General Motor Function
- Use of Hands (Left/Right): Precise Motor Function (Or Fine Manipulation)
- Use of Hands: Repetitive Motion: 1/3 or more of time
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 10 lbs: Up to 1/3 of time
- Work Environment: Special visual or auditory requirements including working with a computer terminal.
- Work Environment: Tasks involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
About Alameda Health Partners:
Alameda Health Partners, Inc. (AHP) is a multi-specialty physician hospital organization established by Alameda Health System to coordinate and support providers in delivering high quality, efficient, value-based care to the patients and communities served by AHS. AHP is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of AHS.