Director, Talent Management
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Human Resources
- HR Recruitment
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25681-16909
- Posted: August 6, 2020
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow.
2. Provides executive management with progress reports, recommendations for change, plans of action, timetables, cost projections and ongoing progress reports.
3. Directs the overall effort to reduce improve workflows and eliminate inefficiencies within HR Operations.
4. Represents HR Operations both internally and externally (board meetings, county functions, internal gatherings etc.)
5. Accomplishes special projects by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
6. Oversees current vendor relationships; engages of evaluation of current services provided.
7. Keeps abreast with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions..
8. Partners with information systems counterparts to integrate processes and procedures where feasible.
9. Performs other duties as required.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Healthcare Administration, Organizational Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
Preferred Education: Graduate degree in Human Resources, Healthcare Administration, Organizational Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
Required Experience: Seven years of HR generalist, HRIS, recruitment, operations roles; two years supervisory/management experience.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.