Director, Nursing Services
- San Leandro, CA
- John George Psychiatric Hospital
- JGP Nursing Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25502-16746
- Posted: January 30, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general direction of the Chief Nurse Executive, the Director, Nursing Services provides administrative direction with 24-hour 7-day a week responsibility. The Director is responsible for promoting quality patient care and nursing services on a continuous basis, combining knowledge, skills of leadership, performance/quality improvement, communication, operations and business.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by incumbents in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Maintains quality patient care service by planning developing, implementing and evaluating policies, procedures, patient care standards, programs and/or services consistent with the overall goals, objectives and activities of the Medical Center.
2. Ensures compliance with state and federal licensing regulations and/or accreditation programs within areas of responsibility.
3. Establishes departmental goals, objectives, and budgets in accordance with the Medical Center's mission and strategic plans, assuring that short-term objectives and budgets are consistent with long-term plans anticipated for the future.
4. Functions independently within the framework of the Medical Center and Nursing/Patient Care Services strategic direction, philosophy, goals and objectives, policies and budgetary circumstances.
5. Ensures appropriate management of personnel through staff development, performance evaluations, goal setting and when necessary, progressive discipline.
6. Participates in the development and oversight of quality programs, activities and performance improvement to measure, assess and improve the quality of Nursing/Patient Care delivered to the patients.
7. Serves as a resource for other Medical Center staff and the community.
8. Promotes a positive image of the Medical Center in a relationship with other institutions, regulatory bodies and community organizations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Master's Degree in Nursing, Health or Business Administration; Experience: Minimum 3-5 years progressive management experience in a leadership/management level position and in clinical/specialty area(s); Basic computer skills; Effective communication both written and orally, including presentations; Strong interpersonal skills; Project Management; Organizational and time management skills; Knowledge of personnel management and development principles; Knowledge of budget preparation and management; Knowledge of Regulatory and specialty standards and requirements, i.e., Joint Commission, Title 22, OSHA, OBRA, and other appropriate standards; Knowledge of Performance Improvement and Risk Management principles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Certification in clinical specialty; Advanced computer skills; Program/service development; Involvement in professional organizations and/or activities.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Valid California Registered Nurse's License; Valid BLS certification; Valid California Driver's license.