SLH Mgr, Nursing Services - Perioperative
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Surgery
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25461-16714
- Posted: January 17, 2020
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, this position is responsible for, but not limited to, planning, organizing, directing, executing and evaluating all aspects of nursing care within Preoperative, IntraOperative, Postoperative, and Central Sterilization services for the hospital. Supervises department personnel to ensure an efficient workflow in a positive work environment. Considers unique patient needs and demonstrates age-specific competencies. Must be flexible on schedule and be available to cover the needs of the department twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in
this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties
listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Act as content expert for regulatory requirements related to Perioperative Services functions and care activities.
2. Assume a leadership role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery system.
3. Collaborate with Quality Department personnel to ensure regular and consistent compliance evaluations and implementation of corrective actions when non-compliance is identified.
4. Contract Services: review and ensure appropriate process for on-boarding of new contractors; collaborate with the contracting services office to ensure continued review, evaluation and compliance of contractors, and in keeping all contracts current.
5. Staff appropriately to ensure quality patient care, and regulatory requirements while striving to meet fiscal responsibilities.
6. Keep leadership abreast of all quality related activities and performance data
7. Identifies and implements corrective actions as necessary. Monitors quality indicators for compliance to standards.
8. Demonstrate skill in developing improvements in work processes.
9. Demonstrate sound judgment in decision making.
10. Communicate effectively with staff and physicians, and provide follow-up to bring closure to items as needed.
11. Conduct regular staff meetings, and other communication techniques to keep staff informed.
12. Attend and participate in facility meetings as needed
13. Operate within budgetary parameters.
14. Supervise or perform the human resource managerial functions for the department staff, to include, but not limited to: Staff schedule, time and attendance tracking, Payroll functions, setting expectations and responding appropriately when expectations are not met.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; Master's Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred
Experience: Five years of recent experience as a nurse within perioperative services - required; Two years management experience - preferred
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California; BLS Certification issued by the American Heart Association