Transfer Coordinator/Care Liaison, System Admission Transfer Center
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- System Admission Transfer Center
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Req #: 25348-16629
- Posted: December 4, 2019
SUMMARY: Facilitates transfer requests from referring physicians, providing framework, coordination, and direction for the systemic monitoring of transfers and direct admissions.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Directs referring physicians with appropriate service line and works in collaboration with the Bed Controller.
2. Obtains medical history and patient demographics from referring physicians/institutions.
3. Identifies trends and problem areas for special studies regarding discharge barriers.
4. Provides authorization of HPAC cases for IP to IP outgoing transfers.
5. Communicates with payers/confirmation of approval for incoming transfers.
6. Communicates with physicians and outlying facilities regarding all patient transfers, potential bed placements, and assists with coordinating patient movement between facilities.
7. Coordinates transfer of emergent, urgent and elective patients to a destination facility from all potential referral sources to include but not limited to hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and physician offices.
8. Triages and prioritizes patient information and communicates clinical presentation of the patient for accepting physicians and nurses.
9. Coordinates and troubleshoots referrals for placement of complex patients.
10. Reviews team documentation and conducts quality reviews.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
Required Experience: Five years experience; two years clinical practice experience.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California; Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) issued by the American Heart Association.