SLH Director, Pharmacy Services
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Pharmacy
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25253-16563
- Posted: January 17, 2020
SUMMARY: The SLH Director, Pharmacy Services plans, organizes and directs pharmacy services for San Leandro Hospital.. Coordinates the operation of pharmacy services for San Leandro Hospital. The SLH Director, Pharmacy Services directs supervision over pharmacists, non-professional and clerical staff. Besides administrative and supervisory duties, the SLH Director, Pharmacy Services provides pharmaceutical consultation to hospital staff members and performs the general duties of a pharmacist. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Coordinates and administers the pharmaceutical services for SLH hospital and clinics, and emergency services.
2. Establishes and supervises record-keeping, auditing, and other drug control procedures as required by County, State, and Federal law.
3. Keeps informed of new drugs and innovations in the pharmaceutical industry; maintains file of current literature and information for medical and nursing staff on hospital and County pharmacy policy and answers technical pharmaceutical questions.
4. Maintains formulary, and advises hospital staff of additions or deletions.
5. Performs the duties of pharmacist in preparing, packaging and dispensing drugs.
6. Represents the pharmacy on various committees, staff meetings and professional meetings.
7. Supervises staff of pharmacy both professional and non-professional including interviewing, hiring, orienting, evaluating and scheduling.
8. Supervises the maintenance of inventory of drugs and supplies, and advises on purchases; consults with purchasing agents on bid specifications; prepares or assists in preparation of budget requests for pharmacies under their control.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or a Pharm. D degree is required. Minimum Experience: Five to seven years of relevant experience to include the management/oversight of pharmacy department operations in a healthcare environment/hospital setting. Minimum Experience: Hospital Pharmacy Residency preferred. Minimum Experience: Prior people management/supervisory experience. Required Licenses/Certifications: Possession of a valid license to practice Pharmacy in the state of California.