Supervisor, Imaging Technologist
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Radiology Diagnosis
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25212-16527
- Posted: January 30, 2020
SUMMARY: Supervises the Imaging operation at Alameda Health System.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Performs standard supervisory functions, including, recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, training, coaching, mentoring, task assignment, performance evaluation, progressive discipline, conflict resolution and allocating staff resources.
2. Plan, organize, and present a course of instruction to student and entry-level sonographers and X-ray technologist.
3. Prepare reports and keep accurate records and files.
4. Recognizes, evaluate, and correct defects in ultrasound/X-ray/MRI/CT techniques.
5. Explains process to patient, and instructs and assists patient in assuming physical position for examination.
6. Keys test data and patient information into computer of imaging equipment to maintain record of test results.
7. Operatesequipment that produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data on storage media.
8. Responsible for organizing and maintaining clean work area, equipment andinventory.
9. Selects equipment for use in imaging setup according to specifications of examination.
10. Responsible for maintenance of supplies used in the technical section of the department and for notifying the chief technician of equipmentmalfunction.
11. Responsible for daily preparation of radiologic rooms.
12. Performs other duties as required.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying
Required Education: Sufficient to meet requirements for registry by ARDMS and/or ARRT in CT, X-ray, MRI, or Ultrasound.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Preferred
Required Experience: Five years experience in performing a variety of imaging examinations.
Preferred Experience: One years of lead experience; supervisory preferred
Required Licenses/Certifications: California RT (R) or Current American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). BLS - Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA-American Heart Association.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: ARDMS: Registered in two or more anatomical specialties and/or ARRT (R), (CT), (M), (MRI)