AHD EKG Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Cardiology
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 25059-16421
- Posted: February 11, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, the AHD EKG Technician is responsible for performing EKG Studies and assists with Stress testing. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Answers telephone, removes and follows up on voicemail messages throughout the day. Copies echocardiograms after interpretation and distributes reports to ordering physicians. Schedules echocardiograms through the hospital integrated MEDITECH computer program, mails out test information and confirmations.
2. Assess EKG tracings, ensuring proper lead placement an minimal artifact prior to transmitting.
3. Assists with skills and competencies for registered nurses, lab personel, other EKG technicians, and other new staff who will be performing EKG's.
4. Demonstrates ability to handle emergency situations (i.e., CODE 3 and CODE BLUE, CODE STROKE) in order to maximize patient and staff safety.
5. Greets patient and explains study. Answers questions and offers help and information as needed. Speaks clearly and age appropriately. Instills confidence in patient and family members - always provides excellent customer service.
6. Independently performs EKG's, rhythm strips, and Holter monitor on in-patients, out-patients and occasionally Emergency Room patients – with preference given to STATS. Carries pager and responds to pager and codes.
7. Performs pacemaker checks with or without magnet accurately and efficiently.
8. Performs stress tests safely and accurately.
9. Safely operates Mortara ELI 250 Electrocardiograph machine. Checks all EKG equipment daily (ER, CCU and cardiology department machines) and submits work request on failed equipment and maintains the cleanliness of the equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Education: Graduate of a EKG technician program.
Minimum Experience: One year of experience as an EKG Technician.
Preferred Experience: One year in the field of cardiology.
Required Licenses/Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) – issued by AHA-American Heart Association.