Supervisor II, Patient Services
- Oakland, CA
- Sys Enrollment
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25046-16411
- Posted: October 10, 2019
Job Summary: Under direction, plans, organizes and supervises the work of technical and clerical staff involved in Medi-Cal program eligibility and payment source documentation and processing, including such areas as Registration
and Admitting at Alameda Health System. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Aids in establishing and is responsible for maintaining policies, procedures and standards for the work unit for the purpose of maximizing revenue to AHS.
2. Coordinates programs with the County Social Services Agency and participates in their training and orientations conducted to update personnel on changing Social Services Agency programs; acts as a liaison with other hospital departments.
3. Directs and evaluates the work of Patient Services Technicians and other assigned staff through subordinate supervisors.
4. Implements and monitors procedures to accommodate Federal, State, County and AHS regulations.
5. Initiates changes in personnel assignments and work procedures in order to conform with administrative changes and to solve operating problems involving workload and personnel.
6. Participates in the planning and developing of new systems and procedures; recommends, implements and evaluates pilot programs established to test proposed organizational and procedural changes; coordinates the collecting and recording of statistical information.
7. Reviews the more complex cases; initiates or recommends special eligibility determination or collection activity involving interpretation and explanation of AHS policies or State and Federal law; investigates complaints that require administrative interpretation or action.
8. Supervises the establishment of training programs, hiring, orientation, promotion and disciplinary action of personnel.
Minimum Experience: One year of experience with Alameda Health System as a Patient Services Supervisor
I; OR three years of clerical experience which must have included at least two years of supervisory
experience in a hospital or related unit involving determination of eligibility or credit and collection work for
medical assistance through personal interview.