Mental Health Specialist II
This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- John George Psychiatric Hospital
- Nursing Inpatient C
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Mental Health & Social Services
- Req #: 24699-16125
- Posted: June 16, 2020
SUMMARY: Under close supervision of the RN works in a collaborative effort with team members to provide a safe and therapeutic environment. Assist in assessing unit milieu and communicates with team. Assists in de-escalation and physical control of acting out patients. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE:The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Attends staff conferences; confers with families and other interested parties.
2. Implements care plans as assigned; contributes to the development of treatment plans; assists in special treatment ordered by physicians; charts and observes patient behavior; assists patients with activities of daily living.
3. May supervise off-ward activities and may Participates/co-facilitates group education sessions.
4. Takes and records vital signs.
5. Under close supervision, helps in determining patient's needs, aids in formulating treatment plan recommendations; reports medication side-effects; prepares recreational activities.
6. Maintains therapeutic, safe milieu.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Associates Degree in related field required; Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university preferred. Minimum Experience: One year experience in an inpatient acute psychiatric hospital. Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association. Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and certain positions in the Emergency Department).