Wellness Program Manager
- San Leandro, CA
- Human Resources
- HR Employee Health Services
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 25130-16470
- Posted: October 4, 2019
Job Summary: The Manager, Wellness Program will lead the strategy for the development, design, implementation, evaluation, metrics/analysis and day to day management of AHS’s wellness initiatives and on-going programs. Acts as a champion and representative for wellness programs to improve the health of employees; as a wellness management expert; and, creates high visibility and excitement of programs and activities.
Performs related duties as required.
1. Analyze and benchmark data and identify trends and best practices to continually bring new ideas and strategies to the health and well-being initiatives.
2. Collects and analyzes data to assess opportunities, trends, and outcomes. Conducts ROI analysis and evaluate programs annually to determine if they are meeting objectives and recommend improvements.
3. Develops and maintains files of community resources for augmenting programs as needed.
4. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations.
5. Develops and provides monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc program reports on program deliverables with participation, completion and outcome measures.
6. Develops and reviews all wellness communications (e-mails, flyer, and brochures).
7. Develops, implements and oversees sustainable health promotion programs that target populations across multiple sites based on analysis of claims and utilization data from annual Kaiser report, annual wellness surveys and conversations with leadership.
8. Establishes working relationships, leverages resources, and collaborates with wellness stakeholders, wellness committees, community health advocates, and others, to insure a consistent standard- of wellness interventions and coordination of services.
9. Identifies wellness needs and creates, coordinates and implements health and wellness activities and policies aimed at fostering a culture of wellness by improving employee health and well being, via a lens of total well-being (e.g. beyond physical health).
10. Manage relationships with third-party vendors to ensure they adhere to established plans, deliver targeted financial results and meet agreed upon service levels.
11. Manage the financial performance of well-being initiatives, such as developing and maintaining reporting dashboards with key metrics to be shared with internal stakeholders; developing annual budget estimate.
12. Collaborates with Benefits team for Annual Wellness Fair and Annual Benefits Fair.
13. Works with Employee Health & Wellness Director to establish wellness strategic goals and priorities including launching and coordination of programs.
14. Upon request, visits various departments to present an overview of the HealthyMe Wellness Program, as well as other wellness workshops that the employee is qualified to lead (e.g. stress management).
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Health/Wellness Management, Health Education, Physical Education, Exercise Science/Physiology, Nursing and/or other related field is required.
Minimum Experience: Five years experience in worksite health promotion and in delivery of employer-based wellness programs preferred. Two years of relevant experience in nutrition/dietary planning; accreditation preferred. Previous experience with health and wellness programs in a hospital/healthcare setting is preferred.