AHD Dietary Aide - PB
This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Park Bridge
- PB Dietary
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 25042-16406
- Posted: April 20, 2020
SUMMARY: The AHD Dietary Aide for Alameda Hospital at Park Bridge assists with the preparation and service of food using proper food handling and food safety techniques. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Prepares and/or pre-portions food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu for meals and snacks. Utilizes standardized recipes to prepare food. Prepares food using proper food handling and food safety techniques according to established policies, procedures, guidelines, and regulations.
2. Ensures that food is served in an attractive and appetizing manner. Ensures the proper quantity of food is prepared and/or pre-portioned as directed and within established time schedules. Delivers meals and snacks to designated areas according to established time schedules
3. Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Records temperatures of food according to established procedures.
4. Serves resident meals/snacks accurately in accordance with the planned menu, the resident's diet order, and food preferences; uses portion control utensils during the preparation, pre-portioning, and service of food; labels, dates, and stores food according to established policies.
5. Ensures that refrigerator/freezer temperatures are within the appropriate range. Records temperatures on appropriate logs and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor immediately.
6. Washes dishes according to established procedures for manual or automatic dishwashing. Records water temperatures and/or sanitizer on designated logs. Reports any problems with proper water temperature or sanitizer to the supervisor immediately. Performs duties using proper infection control techniques and using protective equipment; assists in receiving, storing, and verifying invoices for incoming food, supplies, etc.
7. Ensures that an adequate supply of food, supplies, etc. is available at all times. Reports inadequate stock levels to the supervisor immediately. Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic manner; maintains the security of the department.
8. Keeps work area clean during preparation and service of food. Maintains equipment in clean and safe operating condition. Reports all equipment problems to supervisor promptly. Cleans according to established policies while utilizing proper chemicals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred (waived for incumbent employees). Minimum Experience: Experience in food service desired. Preferred Licenses/Certification: Serve safe certification desired