Principal Data Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS BI Reporting
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 24963-16335
- Posted: October 11, 2019
SUMMARY: Functions as a database leader, responsible for populating the enterprise data warehouse so that Business Intelligence clients (Data Scientists, Data Analysts etc.) are making efficient use of the warehouse.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Contributes to the short term and long term data warehouse architecture.
2. Creates data environments and/or data sets to serve a wide range of data users, including but not limited to Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Business Analysts etc
3. Creates data warehouses, using best practices to gather requirements, model data, and implement a system that is highly performant and near-real-time.
4. Develops interactive reporting solutions using SSRS / Power BI / etc.
5. Extends existing Data Warehouse infrastructures and SSAS cubes with new dimensionality and new data sources using SSIS, T-SQL, and SSAS
6. Improves data governance and data quality using Master Data Management systems (MDS, DQS and others)
7. Performs ETL work to pull data from source systems (both on prem and hosted), including manipulating data, and placing in the data warehouse environment.
8. Programs complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
Required Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's of Science degree in Information Management, Project Management, Engineering or related field preferred.
Required Experience: Five of increasing technical experience in a / business intelligence position.Preferred Experience: Previous experience as a Data Engineer / Database Administrator and/or Business Intelligence Analyst.
Experience in Microsoft SQL, Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) and Microsoft Sharepoint; experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions (ETL, cubes, reports, dashboards, scorecards) using Microsoft SQL Server tools (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) in a data warehousing environment.