- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Medical Clinic
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 24902-16283
- Posted: September 13, 2019
SUMMARY: Manages the overall operations of one or more health clinics or medical practices.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE:The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Plans, organizes and manages the operations and activities of one or more health clinics or health programs, ensuring a strategy for future grown in alignment with the AHS vision, mission and strategic plan; provides financial and management expertise to ensure that all patients receive high quality, affordable and efficient care; responsible for the day to day activities related to access, efficiency, productivity, service experience, scheduling, billing, provider communication and quality
2. Monitors expenditures and service revenues; assists in maintaining budgetary control and meet budgeted productivity targets; develops data collection systems and prepares regular statistical and progress reports.
3. Manages the flow of the clinic to ensure compliance, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
4. Makes regular rounds to units to evaluate status of patient care, operation and environment of the units and staff needs; evaluates progress of assigned areas and plans, implements and evaluates programs to meet current and anticipated needs.
5. Manages revenue cycle components related to clinic operations to include charge reconciliation for providers and facility to meet budget targets; presents monthly revenue reports to key staff.
6. Addresses issues raised by providers, staff, patients and other internal/external customers using LEAN and performance improvement principles; builds a culture of trust and collective problem-solving.
7. Gathers and analyzes information to determine new and ongoing resource needs; determines objectives and formulates procedures and protocols; monitors progress toward objectives; participates in the development and implementation of policies, and priorities; monitors availability and use of reference manual content.
8. Directs, supervises and coaches staff daily; ensures that all staff are operating to the top of their license and providing high-value care to patients; develops, implements and audits standard work throughout all units.
9. Regularly evaluates staff performance and maintains a culture of accountability; addresses any performance issues as needed.
10. Meets with the medical director (dyad partner) to review clinic performance and develop action plans to improve performance.
11. Promotes patient and staff satisfaction; regularly evaluates satisfaction survey results and addresses areas of improvement
12. Responsible for hiring, ensuring adequate staffing and ongoing timely performance evaluations and employees’ professional growth; ensures that staff understand roles and responsibilities and maintain high performance standards.
13. Performs other duties as required.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree is required from an accredited college or university in Health Administration, Public Health, Business or related field.
Preferred Education: Master’s degree in Health Administration, Public Health, Business or related field.
Required Experience: Six years general supervisory experience with increasing responsibility in hospital, medical clinic or health program; proven track record in growing physician practice revenues and volumes; Master’s Degree in Health Administration or related field from a recognized school may substitute for two years management experience.