Supervisor, Transport/Environmental Services Coordination (SATC)
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- System Admission Transfer Center
- Part Time - Day
- Req #: 24864-16257
- Posted: November 6, 2019
SUMMARY: Supervises the transportation and housekeeping coordination though the admissions/transfer cycle.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow.
2. Monitors the activity of the transport function and transporters.
3. Monitors response times and productivity.
4. Recommends solutions of on-going challenges or trends related to patient transport.
5. Assists in obtaining statistical information for administrative, operational and regulatory purposes.
6. Completes analysis re workload, call distribution and customer service performance; recommends adjustments to operations as necessary.
7. Prepares cost analysis reports and other data needed for the preparation of the departmental budget.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Required Experience: Five years within in a transfer center or environmental services setting, within a healthcare environment.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) issued by the American Heart Association.