Clinical Instructor II
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Clinical Education
- Part Time - Day
- Req #: 24287-15799
- Posted: Today
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, develops, presents and evaluates educational programs in one or several areas of clinical specialty and assists in the nursing staff orientation and development. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE:The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assists in developing and conducting quality improvement studies/activities.
2. Assists in implementation and coordination of clinical experience programs for students from affiliating schools.
3. Assists with the development of teaching methods and resources such as manuals and visual aids and for most effective and efficient systems of educations for the department.
4. Communicates regularly with immediate supervisor and reports activities, trends, programs, resources, needs and problems.
5. Contributes to the determination of patient care, documentation and staff performance standards and quality assurance criteria.
6. Interprets and implements policies and procedures.
7. Monitors activities of personnel for whom responsible and evaluates achievement of performance standards.
8. Reviews progress of personnel and prepares with other performance evaluation records and content of associated guidance sessions.
9. Organizes, presents and maintains educational programs to meet written requirements of the Extended Role of the Nurse Protocol; organizes, presents and maintains teaching programs for safe staff nurse performance in the use of equipment, monitors, tools, and motors.
10. Participates in implementation of standards set by State and Federal Regulatory and/or accrediting agencies.
11. Participates in meetings with staff of area of responsibility and conducts or participates in other meetings.
12. Participates in the identification of nursing practice needs and assists in the preparation of related orientation and staff development programs; contributes to the planning, promotion and implementation of basic staff development programs; participates in the promotion of programs directed to continuity of patient care, teaching of patients, infection control, and coordination of services.
13. Plans and presents orientations and education programs for nursing staff in clinical specialty area: Operating Room or Intensive Care, or Obstetrics, or Emergency Room, or Medical Specialty, or Surgical Specialty, or Psychiatry; plans and presents in collaboration with other nurses and/or medical staff, teaching programs in basic and advanced life-support measures.
14. Prepares and maintains required records and reports.
15. Prepares and/or assists documentation to support requests for continuing enhancement of nursing capabilities and makes budgetary recommendations; personnel, supplies, equipment, and remodeling.
16. Provides direct patient care to serve as a role model and to contribute to learning of others.
17. Reviews educational materials and continuing education offerings outside the department in areas of responsibilities and makes written recommendations for purchase of materials or attendance by staff. Also informs self continuously of new developments and/or requirements and transmit essential data.
18. Sets up and maintains a system for assuring competency of personnel before they are given responsibilities associated with the Expanded Role of the Nurse Protocol or with use of specialized equipment, motors, tools or monitors.
Minimum Education: Master's of Science in Nursing Education is required
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
Minimum Experience: Two Years of experience as a Clinical Instructor II with AHS. or two academic years of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing areas or its equivalent. This person must have Peri-operative Expereince and be able to educate in the Peri-Operative areas.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California. Active LBS (AHA).