AHD Lead Cook PB
This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Park Bridge
- PB Dietary
- Full Time - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 24773-16180
- Posted: August 30, 2019
SUMMARY: Under general supervision the AHD Lead Cook PB prepares, cooks, and dispenses food in quantity in a kitchen; maintains cooking equipment and working areas; assists with in taking inventory and ordering of food and supplies; directs staff cooks in their day-to-day tasks; performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assists in taking inventory and ordering of foods and supplies.
2. Carves meat for serving, and serves or oversees the serving of food, ensuring the
prompt apportionment of food to tray line and the cafeteria.
3. Cleans utensils and equipment and keeps working areas in good order; and maintains
standards of safety and sanitation.
4. Commitment - demonstrates commitment to work unit and to AHS as a whole. Role
models commitment to co-workers and patients. Seeks additional responsibilities.
5. Cooks meat, fish, vegetables, soups, cereals and other foods, using steam-jacketed
kettles, revolving or other large ovens, meat roasters and other commercial cooking equipment or kitchen equipment.
6. Delivers food to various locations promptly and safely.
7. Prepares dough and bakes cakes, cookies and other pastries and desserts.
8. Prepares meats and vegetables for cooking, using electric meat grinders, vegetable
peelers and slicers and hand tools.
9. Prepares salads and desserts as needed for cafeteria, patients and catering.
10. Provides excellent customer service to all customers.
11. Relieves others cooks for breaks; may act as Lead Cook on a relief or training basis;
plans and/or helps plan recipes and follows oral and written instructions to prepare and cook all foods; weighs food items for cooking.
12. Requisitions, receives, inspects and stores food stuffs, and keeps supervisor informed
of supplies needed.
13. Responsible for over-all food production and day-to-day direction of cooks.
14. Teamwork - works well with others. Mentors and support team members.
Required Education: High School diploma or GED.
Required Experience: One year of experience in the class of Assistant Cook with Alameda Health System or two years of experience in quantity cooking for at least 200 people per meal in an institutional kitchen such as a hospital, juvenile detention center, prison facility, military installation or a large restaurant or hotel.