AHD Cardiac Sonographer II
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Cardiology
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 24886-16271
- Posted: September 13, 2019
SUMMARY: The Cardiac Sonographer performs complex diagnostic ultrasound procedures of the cardiovascular
system for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cardiovascular disease in accordance with industry, federal,
state, and the Joint Commission requirements. The Cardiac Sonographer participates in the implementation of
Care standards and physician orders to achieve the goal of effective utilization of services and improved patient
outcomes. In conjunction with leadership, this position is responsible for recommending the delivery of patient
care through proper execution of care standards, physician orders, and advanced imaging skills. Performs
related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Operate a variety of sophisticated ultrasonic imaging units and diagnostic reading and reporting systems.
Acquire the skills necessary to perform new ultrasonic examinations and modalities as they are added to the
department product line.
2. Actively cooperate in the accreditation application (ICAEL) process.
3. Provides excellent customer service to patients, physicians, peers and the general public in a manner
consistent with the values and the standards of conduct of Alameda Health System. Prioritizing patient's
needs and preferences.
4. Integrate the imaging needs of the patient with other care providers to achieve optimum results.
5. Participates in educational sessions, contributing technical and professional knowledge to students,
allied health personnel and physicians.
6. Perform ultrasonic exams on the heart, great vessels, and other cardiovascular structures in all departments
of Alameda Hospital, which include, but are not limited to the patient's bedside, emergency room and cardiology
department. Performs other related duties as requested by the department manager or Cardiologist.
7. Perform all types of cardiac ultrasound examinations: Adult Transthoracic/transesophageal studies, stress
echocardiograms, bubble Studies and Contract Echo Studies.
8. Reviews images for identification, technique, and completeness, according to the American Society of
9. Use appropriate technique and procedures for ultrasound contrast media administration, when the use
of contrast is required.
Education: Associate degree in Cardiovascular Technology (preferred) or certificate of completion from a cardiovascular ultrasound program.
Minimum Experience: Three or more years of Cardiac ultrasound testing experience.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS (Basic Life Support) certification, issued by AHA (American Heart Association).
Preferred Licenses/Certification: Registered in Adult Echocardiography, from the American Registry for Diagnostic Sonography – Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (ARDMS/RDCS), or Cardiovascular Credentialing International – Registered Cardiac Sonographer (CCI/RCS).