Electronic Health Records Trainer
- San Leandro, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IS OPS Edu & Training
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 24744-16159
- Posted: September 13, 2019
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Develops role-based training content, independently or with team members, using a varietyof software programs, tools, and applications (such as MicrosoftOffice).
2. Designs, developing and maintaining instructional materials (such aspresentations).
3. Maintains policy and proceduredocumentation.
4. Evaluates and incorporates feedback from others into existing training and training administrationprocedures.
5. Develops new content and develops training materials and answers any participantquestions.
6. Assists with building and testing of training environments, and provides support and troubleshoots issues.
7. Collaborates with other trainers by co-facilitating classroom instruction and assisting with exercisesas needed.
8. Prepares training lessons, printing materials, and setting up the training room and environment priorto the training session.
9. Follows up with trainees outside of the classroom to offer additionalsupport.
10. Serves as an expert educator to internalstaff.
11. Trains and credentialing additional classroom trainers asneeded.12. Trains staff and end users by teaching technical topics asneeded.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
Required Experience: Four years of principal trainer experience within a multi-entity, healthcare environment.
Preferred Experience: Prior Epic principal trainer experience; experience with clinical applications in either inpatient or outpatient setting; experience with revenue cycle applications or patient access services.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current Epic certification or attainment of Epic certification within six months of employment.