Radiology Technologist IV
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Radiology Diagnosis
- Full Time - Evening
- Allied Health
- Req #: 24884-16269
- Posted: September 13, 2019
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assists physician in administering opaque media.
2. Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the department; rotates assignments within the department and by assigned shifts as required.
3. Develops film by automatic processing and must also be proficient in utilizing the Picture Archival Communications (PACS) System.
4. Maintains adequate records as directed; assists in rooming of patients.
5. May be required to assist in the development of technical factors and film selection; may assist in the use of a variety of equipment or procedures not routinely taught; may assist in the training of students.
6. May be responsible for specific areas of technical instruction in the school of technology, in service training and the training of ancillary personnel.
7.Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with designate areas or procedures as required.
8. Performs all general diagnostic and routine fluoroscopic duties as determined by employer.
9. Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination; maintains orderliness and cleanliness; secures and returns supplies.
10. Produces radiographs, positions and transfers patients. Provides immobilization devices as required.
11. Provides protection in accordance with prescribed radiation safety standards.
12. Responsible for delegated areas of authority in the performance of routine, angiographic and computerized tomography procedures.
13. Selects and operates all imaging equipment as directed.
14. Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Four years of continuous recent experience as a radiologic technologist at AHS or five years total experience.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA-American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Certification/Competency in at least two specialized areas (Mammography, CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Angiography or Picture Archival Communication Systems (PACS) as evidenced by certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or through AHS's internal program. Lead designation may substitute for one of the two specialized diagnostic modalities.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the State of California Department of Health Services.
Required Licenses/Certifications: If mammographic examinations are performed, must have valid mammography certification.Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid certificate as a Radiologic Technologist issued by the State of California Department of Public Health.