This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Allied Health
- Req #: 24601-16054
- Posted: October 14, 2019
SUMMARY: Facilitates the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures and assists with patient care on the Labor and Delivery unit.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Sets-up and scrubs for obstetric procedures, including cesarean sections, post-partum tubal ligations, cervical cerclage placement, dilatation and curettage, and emergency abdominal hysterectomies.
2. Removes C-section and delivery instruments, rinses, counts and sprays instruments, and transports to Sterile Processing in appropriate containers.
3. Assists in preparing the C-Section rooms for emergency procedures.
4. Assists with vaginal deliveries and repairs.
5. Checks all L & D areas for adequate well-functioning equipment and supplies and restocks as necessary.
6. Tags malfunctioning equipment and instruments for repair or replacement.
7. Assists RN with initial intake of patients in OB Triage.
8. Collects, records and report patient data, weighs and beds patients, collects urine samples, places monitors and takes vital signs; assists with treatments and procedures on the labor and delivery unit, including OB Triage, such as sterile speculum exams, or incision and drainage.
9. Assists in transporting patients to delivery room, Operating Rooms, post-anesthesia recovery, ultrasound or post partum when indicated.
10. Transports specimens to lab and procures placenta buckets and other supplies from laboratory and Central Supply as needed.
11. Cleans and organizes utility and supply rooms as needed.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred Education: Graduate from an approved Surgical Technologist School/Course and successful completion of a hospital’s Obstetrical Technician Training Program.
Required Experience: Six months of directly related work experience in an acute hospital setting (Surgical Technologist certification in lieu of experience).
Preferred Experience: One year of directly related work experience in an acute hospital setting.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Certified Nursing Assistant certification; Surgical Technologist certification.