Sr. Electronic Health Records Applications Analyst
- San Leandro, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IS Apps Inpatient
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 24764-16173
- Posted: September 16, 2019
SUMMARY: Implements, builds, supports and maintains Epic clinical and/or financial applications. Please see additional information below for role specific duties.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in Information Technology
Required Experience: Six (6) years Information Technology experience within a multi-entity, healthcare environment.
Preferred Experience: Prior Epic implementation experience; experience with clinical applications in either inpatient or outpatient setting; experience with revenue cycle applications or patient access services.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current Epic certification or attainment of Epic certification within six months of employment. Please see additional information below for role specific duties.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE:The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Act in an appropriate and professional manner as defined by the company’s Standards of Behavior, Policy and Procedures, and Scope of Services.
2. Role model AHS Standards of Behavior.
3. Provide subject matter expertise to team as needed. Assists management during employee orientation
4. Advise leadership in the development of strategies for EHR implementation and improvements of AHS workflow processes
5. Leads workflow design discussions, building and testing the system and analyzing associated issues.
6. Identifies issues that arise in assigned application area as well as issues that impact other application teams
7. Guides end users in ongoing training during all phases of implementation
8. Reviews the status of deliverables, issues and milestones with leadership.
9. Serves as a liaison between end users’ workflow needs and Epic implementation staff.
10. Performs other duties as required.
11. Function effectively and independently with minimal direction.
12. Manipulate complex, confidential data - with minimal direction.
13. Recommends strategy, plans, and alternatives to the senior leader proactively.
14. Proactively advise senior leaders of obstacles and impediments to maintaining schedules and milestones.