AHD Supervisor, Dietary-South Shore
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Dietary Services
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Req #: 24729-16148
- Posted: November 15, 2019
SUMMARY: Prepares and serves food using proper food handling and food safety techniques, ensures that food tastes good and is served at the proper temperature in an attractive manner in accordance with established standards. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in
this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties
listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Prepares food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu. Utilizes standardized recipes to prepare menu items. Makes only authorized changes to the planned menu and records the change according to established policy.
2. Serves resident meals/snacks accurately in accordance with the planned menu, the resident's diet order, and food preferences. Prepares alternative items to meet residents' individual needs and food preferences.
3. Prepares and/or portions food using proper food handling and food safety techniques according to policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations.
4. Ensures that food tastes good and is served in an attractive, appetizing manner.
5. Ensures that meals and snacks are delivered to designated areas according to established time schedules. Ensures that the proper quantity of food is prepared and/or pre-portioned as directed and within established time schedules.
6. Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Ensures that refrigerator/freezer temperatures are within the appropriate range. Records temperatures on appropriate logs and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor immediately.
7. Uses the correct portion control utensils during the preparation, pre-portioning, and service of food.
8. Labels, dates and stores food properly according to established policies.
9. Washes dishes, etc., according to established procedures for manual and/or automatic dishwashing. Records water temperatures and/or sanitizer on designated logs. Reports any problems with the proper water temperature or sanitizer to the supervisor immediately. Ensures that dishes, etc., are readily available for the next meal. Stores dishes, etc., in the proper location in a way to prevent contamination.
10. Keeps work area clean and uncluttered during preparation and service of food. Performs cleaning assignments according to established policies and utilizes the proper cleaning chemicals. Performs duties using proper infection control techniques and using protective equipment as needed.
11. Orders food supplies as indicate by the menu. Ensures that an adequate supply of food and supplies are available at all times. Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste.
12. Operates equipment according to manufacturer and supervisor direction. Maintains equipment in clean and safe operating condition. Reports all equipment problems to the Director immediately.
13. Makes recommendations to the Registered Dietitian regarding improvements in recipes, menus, production and service of food, equipment, etc. to enhance the quality of food service.14. Visits newly admitted residents for food preferences. Notifies the dietitian of residents with intolerances and poor dietary intake.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: One year experience involving large quantity food preparation.
Preferred Experience: Experience with therapeutic diet preparation.
Required Licenses/Certification: ServSafe Food Safety Certification.Required Licenses/Certification: Dietary Services Supervisor Certification.