Medical Translator II
- San Leandro, CA
- Fairmont Hospital
- Translation Services
- Full Time - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 24361-15861
- Posted: January 30, 2020
SUMMARY: The Medical Translator specification describes two classes which, under close supervision at the lower level and under direction at the higher level, provide interpreting and translating services for patients, clients, and staff at the Alameda County Medical Center (ACMC).
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Provides interpreter/translator services to patients, clients and their families, and the staff of ACMC; provides telephone translations between out-patient, clinic, or other health providers.
2. Assists patients in interpreting and clarifying health care procedures and forms; advise patients, clients and their families about available health care services; explains and interprets patient's rights and responsibilities.
3. Under direction, develops and translates technical and non-technical material; assists in the preparation of brochures, written and audio-visual material.
4. May assist in the certification process for bi-lingual employees.
5. Performs routine clerical and record-keeping tasks including, but not limited to, maintaining logs, statistical gathering, and assisting with dispatching.
6. Attends in-service and mandatory hospital training.
Medical Translator II: Either I Six months as a Medical Translator I with AHS. Or II One year full-time work experience providing translator/interpreter services in a Health Care setting.