Vice President, Applications
This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IS Master
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 24493-15967
- Posted: February 19, 2020
Alameda Health System is the East Bay's premier patient and family-centered care system. Our level 1 trauma center and teaching hospital are considered among the best in the country. We are committed to continually improving health through individual patient experiences. Our mission, Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All, speaks to the vital role we play in the community and the critical responsibility we accept in promoting wellness, eliminating disparities and optimizing the health of a diverse East Bay.
It is a New Day in health care, and it's a New Day at Alameda Health System.
Alameda Health System is located in the beautiful County of Alameda which features beautiful landscapes, diverse populations and famous landmarks. With close proximity to the city of San Francisco, famous sports teams (Oakland Raiders, San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors) and some of the world’s most beautiful coast line, the East Bay offers an immersive living experience.
If you've been seeking an opportunity to expand your career in Information Technology, consider joining Alameda Health System as our Vice President of Applications. In this role, you will combine your leadership and IT expertise to lead a team of 5 leaders consisting of Directors and Managers. You will have an opportunity to develop the team and create the structure you feel would best align with our organization and help to achieve our overall goals by providing strategic and operational leadership for the planning, implementation, maintenance, and governance of all applications systems, services, and support staff. You will provide IT customer service leadership to all health system departments, medical staff, and employees and be responsible for the following areas; Enterprise Resource Planning (HR, Finance, Materials Management, Time & Attendance etc,), Revenue Cycle (Hospital Billing, Physician Billing, Health Information Management, Access), Ambulatory Applications, Inpatient Applications, Ancilliary Applications (Radiology, Cardiology, PACS).
NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification
- Accomplishes special projects by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities;
communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating
milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing
assumptions and direction.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in leadership through broad collaborative skills, deliberate
decision-making and effective delegation and follow up. Creates a supportive
environment that promotes innovative employees and high morale.
- Develop a qualified, engaged, certified staff and leadership team to support the
systems in production throughout the health system.
- Directs the development and maintenance of tactical plans for the operational support
of all application areas supported by Information Systems. This includes system
implementations, upgrades, change controls, training and departmental end-user
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive application governance structure with enduser departments that ensures adherence to best-practice workflows and consensusdriven system changes.
- Maintains external relationships with vendors to ensure value and quality from
purchased services and systems, including contract negotiations.
- Monitors the healthcare delivery environment and technology innovation to ensure
appropriate utilization of information systems and technology.
- Prepares and maintains the operating budgets for Application Services departments
and identifies cost reduction opportunities. Drives operational efficiencies that improve
profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Provides executive management with progress reports, recommendations for change,
plans of action, timetables, cost projections and ongoing progress reports.
- Responsible for assessing trends in both the healthcare and information technology
industries and recommends the use of IT to improve quality, patient experience, and
- Responsible for the ongoing growth and development of assigned leadership team
members and ultimately, their staff members.
- Stays current with emerging solutions and makes recommendations when appropriate
for consideration and implementation to satisfy strategic IS and business requirements.
- Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance
feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and
identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow.
- Performs other duties as required.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Preferred Education: Master’s in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Information Management or related fields.
- Preferred Experience: Experience within a clinical environment; Experience with Epic; experience within a union environment.
- Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Registered Nurse or other clinical experience; Project Management Institute certification; Lean Six Sigma Certification.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Operations Management, Engineering or related field.
- Required Experience: Seven years increasing leadership experience within an Information Technology environment; Electronic Medical Record experience; experience with technology architecture strategies and creating both short and long term technological strategic plans.
In addition to opportunities for career growth and professional development, Alameda Health System offers a comprehensive benefit package. Perks include employer paid health coverage, voluntary plans, generous Paid Time Off plans and retirement savings options. Relocation assistance may be available.