Patient State Disability Coordinator
- n/a, CA
- HGH Patient Access
- Part Time - Day
- Req #: 23971-15555
- Posted: February 4, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, evaluate patient care medical record documentation for the purpose of processing and submitting State Disability Insurance and Worker’s compensation (Doctors First Report) forms. Works with Physicians to provide accurate and timely data including medical diagnosis/treatment plans and duration of disability. Ensure Physician and clerical completion of Doctors First Report forms within a timely manner, based on procedural and regulatory guidelines. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Determines whether patients have SDI eligibility per EDD requirement and completes the necessary document within time limits specified the appropriate agency.
2. Assists and consults with the Physician and/or other departments to obtain or provide patient information.
3. Ensures Physician and patient demographic information is accurate and complete for timely processing and billing
4. Maintains contact with Nursing and other department staff regarding the processing of SDI forms.
5. Utilizes WellSoft, OAS Gold, SOFTMED, and other Hospital/Web-based systems to obtain pertinent information for each patient’s claim.
6. Completes SDI Extension forms timely
7. Works closely with Health Information Management to ensure timely availability of records is received.
8. Maintains a tracking system/file for each claim form submitted.
9. Performs such special projects such as researching information, summarizing data, evaluating alternatives and preparing narrative or statistical reports.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience Required: Two- three years experience in a hospital or clinic type setting with one –two years experience of Workers’ Compensation claims and State Disability management.