Psychiatrist III - Board Certified
- San Leandro, CA
- John George Psychiatric Hospital
- Physicians JGP ER
- Full Time - Day
- Physicians & Dentists
- Req #: 24205-15742
- Posted: November 22, 2019
SUMMARY: Provides professional specialized psychiatric diagnostic and therapeutic services to Alameda Health System patients; provides technical assistance in program development and medical consultation; assists in policy and protocol development, quality assurance and implementation of program standards; this position is distinguished from Psychiatrist II in functioning as an assistant to a medical director, program chair or chief and in functioning as a lead to other Psychiatrists.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
2. Provides medical/psychiatric education to patients/clients and families.
3. Provides general medical service consultation to multidisciplinary staff, health care providers and/or the community.
4. Conducts research and/or studies related to the health care service delivery.
5. Conducts complete psychiatric and general medical evaluations on patients/clients; develops initial and ongoing treatment plans.
5. Provides crisis evaluation and intervention to patients/clients; and provides follow-up treatment recommendations; including the coordination of patient transfers to other facilities.
6. Provides and monitors patients/clients with prescription of psychotropic medications.
7. Collaborates and coordinates treatment plan with other multidisciplinary staff.
8. Develop and monitor appropriate treatment plans, including psychiatrist or staff training on appropriate documentation protocols.
9. Review, monitor, and coordinate weekly staffing schedules to ensure adequate and consistent psychiatrist coverage.
10. Refers patients and collaborates with health care providers within AHS and within the community.
11. Provides cost effective care; manages time and patient flow well when providing direct care to patients and following up on patient related work.
12. Participates in a variety of clinical and administrative meetings.
13. Collaborates with department medical director, chief, or chair to develop and support programs at AHS.
14. Assist with administrative functions in support of department medical director, chief, or chair.
15. Functions as a lead and resource for peers.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience: Completion of an approved residency in an appropriate specialty.
Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and certain positions in the Emergency Department).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Possession of a current valid license to practice medicine in the state of California, AND Board Certification in area of specialty.