Clinical Nurse IV (Ambulatory Nurse Supervisor)
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Medical Clinic
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 24062-15633
- Posted: December 24, 2019
This is a wonderful opportunity to utilize your leadership skills in managing a high-volume, diverse ambulatory careclinic. Ideal candidates will have previous experience with clinic operations, Medi-Cal/Medicare experience, professional communication skills, and a desire to help shape population health and continuous quality improvement. You will work directly with the Practice Manager and Physician Leader as a supervisor responsiblefor guiding the nursing practice to the next level, and ensuring that nursing operations run smoothly on a day-to-day basis. Additional responsibilities include regulatory compliance, scheduling, and employee management.
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, directs the professional and support nursing personnel and provides individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures. Performs related duties as required.
1. Assists in developing and conducting quality improvementstudies/activities.
2. Assumes the role of leadership in the absence of Administration during after hours, weekends, and holidays. Resource for the supervisor is the Administrator on-call; assumes a leadership role within the hospital during the time of disaster and other crisis situations. Contacts appropriate persons and gives directions to hospital staff.
3. Assures the establishment and maintenance of a system of administration of a unit which facilitates patient and family centered care and the promotion of staff satisfaction.
4. Assures the establishment and maintenance of the organizational structure of a unit which promotes effective and economic utilization of personnel and supplies; assures availability and operability of supplies and equipment.
5. Communicates regularly with immediate supervisor to report on status of activities, studies, trends, programs, resources, personnel, needs and problems.
6. Contributes to the establishment of Nursing Department goals and objectives and promotes their achievement; interprets and implements charge system as well as policies, procedures, and regulations.
7. Identifies staff with growth potential and makes recommendations to the nursing administration; reviews progress of employees and prepares with others the performance evaluations records and the content of associated guidance sessions; participates in interviewing, evaluating and recommending nursing personnel for employment and promotion.
8. Implements consistently the standards set by State and National regulatory and/or accrediting agencies; monitors the regularity of programs providing for infection control, quality assurance, continuity of care, teaching of patients, and coordination of care with other departments.
9. Makes regular rounds to all patient areas on the unit to evaluate status of patient care, operation and environment of the unit, staff needs and patients' perception Immediately remedies any issues identified.
10. Obtains and incorporates when feasible suggestions and recommendations from staff.
11. Participates in the determination and implementation of patient care and documentation standards and quality assurance program criteria and monitors the documentation of their achievement.
12. Plans and conducts staff development programs pertinent to unit needs and makes recommendations for programs to meet broader needs; contributes to the development of staff performance standards, monitors activities of personnel and evaluates achievement of performance standards.
13. Prepares documentation to support requests for continuing enhancement of nursing capabilities and make budgetary recommendations on personnel, supplies,equipment, remodeling and contracts.
14. Promotes an environment therapeutic for patients, pleasant for personnel and visitors and conducive to ease of communication, to respectful and impartial treatment of employees and patients, and to learning by staff and students.
15. Promotes cordial and productive patterns of communication and relationships with medical staff and inter/intra-departmental personnel.
16. Responds promptly to employee problems and grievances.
17. Responsible for effective bed management and patient flow throughout the house.
18. Reviews priorities of patient care and unit operation and makes adjustment in resources and/or staffing; contributes to adoption of master staffing schedule to unit operation; maintains approved personnel assignments, time allowance and records and personnel policies and procedures.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required; Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One year full-time, continuous experience as a Clinical Nurse III or three years experience as a Clinical Nurse II with AHS, or four years full-time, continuous experience in a large facility in the clinical area of application. (NOTE: a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from a recognized school may be substituted for one year of the required experience.)
- Required Licenses/Certifications: ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - issued by AHA -American Heart Association, may be required per facility or unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification- AHA American Heart Association (required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies).
- Required Licenses/Certifications: PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification- AHA American Heart Association (Required for Emergency Department or if overseeing or providing pediatric care on a regular basis).
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California