AHD Registered Nurse - Park Bridge
- Alameda, CA
- Park Bridge
- PB Nursing
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Day
- Req #: 23531-15196
- Posted: September 19, 2019
SUMMARY: The AHD Registered Nurse - Park Bridge provides direct nursing care to residents and supervises the patient care performed by certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and licensed vocational nurses (LVNs). Supervision and care must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, as well as guidelines, and regulations that govern the facility. The facility is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, this means hours and days worked may vary. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Uses a systematic approach to provide individualized nursing care. Provides care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner. Functions to establish priorities of patient care based on essential needs and available resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
2. Coordinates admission, discharge and transfer of Residents. Makes Resident rounds every two hours to assess physical and emotional status and to initiate any required nursing interventions. Performs nursing evaluations regarding the health status of the Resident. Accurately reports and documents the Resident's symptoms, responses and status. Collects data for the Resident's assessment (MDS/RAPs) and the development of a plan of care. Enters and/or records data accurately and in a timely manner.
3. Makes nursing diagnoses which serve as the basis for the strategy of care. Selects and institutes appropriate nursing intervention that might be required to stabilize a Resident's condition and/or prevent complications. Evaluates the Resident's responses to nursing interventions.
4. Consults with physician or licensed independent practitioner. Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, non-effective or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed practitioner and notifying the ordering practitioner when making the decision not to administer medication or treatment. Knows the rational for the effect of medications and treatments and correctly administer same.
5. Performs the review of medication and treatment records for completeness, accuracy in transcription of physician orders and adherence to stop order policy. Performs the administration and documentation of medications, enteral nutrition, IV therapy, and treatments per the physicians' order in accordance with facility policy, and accurately records all care provided. Orders and receives medications.
6. Designs, promotes and organizes Resident education and counseling based on health needs. Collaborates with the Resident, members of the healthcare team and, when appropriate, the Resident's significant other(s) in the interest of the Resident's healthcare. Consults with, utilizes and initiates referrals to appropriate community agencies and healthcare resources to provide continuity of care
7. Plans, organizes, manages and coordinates nursing rehabilitation/restorative nursing care. Initiates nursing interventions which promote Resident's ability to adapt and adjust to living as independently as possible. Plans, schedules and documents specific nursing rehabilitation/restorative nursing interventions in the care plan and in the Resident's clinical record.
8. Supervises members of the nursing staff who carry out nursing rehabilitation/restorative nursing activities. Teaches nursing assistants the use of nursing rehabilitation/restorative nursing and prevention measures.
9. Coordinates and plans nursing interventions with therapies (PT, OT, ST, RT). - Keeps others informed about the status of Residents receiving nursing rehabilitation/restorative nursing care; responds to Resident and family concern; ensures that each concern is documented and a resolution is initiated; assists in resolving grievances.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required.
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One year of directly related experience. New graduates will be considered.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Current BLS – Basic Life Support certification.