This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Payroll Accounting
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 23179-14922
- Posted: August 22, 2019
Summary: Under direction of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for the administration of the Lawson payroll system, Kronos, time and attendance system and for the timely and accurate delivery of the company's semi-monthly payroll including recordkeeping, reporting and payroll-related functions. The Payroll Administrator will act as a resource for employees with regard to payroll issues and will also implement process changes.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Payroll information maintenance: set up direct deposit, set up deductions, and enter tax changes.
- Kronos Administration: Kronos setup for new hires, status changes and terminations; review time sheets in Kronos.
- Monitor email inquiries into Payroll Help inbox and respond to employees.
- Collaborate and interface with Human Resource counterparts.
- Maintain updated documentation for all payroll related processing.
- Maintain, complete and accurate employee files.
- Identify and participate in process improvement projects, including assisting with various system implementation and upgrades.
- Participate in the integration of payroll function. Special projects and opportunities as assigned. Provide excellent customer service.
- Audit payroll on a biweekly basis using Excel.
- Process garnishments, workers compensation claims and LOA payments (Integrate sick and vacation/pto/mto).
- Work with other payroll administrators in providing full payroll coverage for 2800+ employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities listed. Typically equivalent to: Education: High Diploma or GED required. AA Degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience: 5+ years payroll processing experience in integrated or interface environment with working experience on partnership and collaboration with other function departments.