Psychiatrist II - Board Certified
- San Leandro, CA
- John George Psychiatric Hospital
- Physicians JGP ER
- Part Time - Varies
- Physicians & Dentists
- Req #: 22467-14353
- Posted: March 11, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general direction, provides psychiatric evaluation and diagnosis, prescribes medications, supervises and collaborates with other team members, and facilitates treatment plans. Performs related duties as required.
The minimum FTE desired for this role is a 0.5 but can be increased based on an applicant’s availability to work a higher FTE (up to a 1.0).
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Acts as physician member of a multi-disciplinary team for clinical work or program development.
2. Conducts and directs individual and group psychotherapy.
3. Confers with patients’ relatives regarding illness and treatment.
4. Develops comprehensive case histories.
5. Maintains records of diagnosis, treatment and prognosis according to The Joint Commission (TJC) standards and other regulatory agencies.
6. Prepares reports and maintains records of activities.
7. Prescribes appropriate treatment plans and therapy, psychotherapy or rehabilitation programs.
8. Provides clinical supervision to licensed and professional staff.
9. Provides psychiatric evaluation and treatment across a variety of settings including psychiatric emergency, urgent care, and inpatient services.
10. Strives to provide culturally effective care to diverse ethnic populations.
11. Trains and supervises interns and residents.Highly competitive salary and benefits package
For benefited physicians: $316K - $380K+ earning potential
For per diem physicians: $177 / hourly - $279 / hourly depending on shift
You may also review the link to the UAPD Website: https://www.uapd.com/ for more information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Graduate of an accredited school of medicine or osteopathic medicine with an MD or DO. Minimum Experience: Prior community mental health services systems experience. Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and certain positions in the Emergency Department). Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid CA License to practice Medicine; eligible for certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.