Staff Dentist SAN
- Oakland, CA
- Eastmont Wellness Center
- Eastmont Dental Health Serv
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Day
- Physicians & Dentists
- Req #: 20068-12435
- Posted: May 24, 2019
SUMMARY: Under direction to provide professional dental services with the AHS Dental Clinics; and to do other related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Performs oral examinations at the AHS Dental Clinics, interprets x-rays; treats mouth diseases; performs prophylactic procedures, restorations, and other treatment as needed; takes impressions, orders dentures and fits and adjusts dentures; instructs patients in oral hygiene and dental care.
2. Performs emergency procedures in order to reduce immediate pain; refers patients for needed dental care to the regularly scheduled Staff Dentist for treatment.
3. Performs dental evaluations, performs all needed care on juvenile whose guardians are covered by an aid program and informs responsible guardians of dental care which must be given juveniles through private dentists.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of a valid license to practice dentistry in California.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Possession of a valid license to practice dentistry in California