System Care Management Project Coordinator
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Utilization Management
- Full Time - Day
- Care Management
- Req #: 22144-14077
- Posted: September 13, 2019
SUMMARY: Coordinates implements and/or manages a variety of key projects for the AHS system Care Management division; performs operational support duties and other related duties; responsible for coordinating events, managing calendars, completing customized reporting and support to the CM Leadership team.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Performs administrative functions for Care Management Leadership team including coordination of meetings, maintenance of departmental meetings, completing correspondence, developing correspondence, developing presentations, managing supplies orders, screening phone calls, and coordinating vendor visits, in-services or payments.
2. Manages projects and initiatives for the department; communicates project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities.
3. Develops and maintains work flow procedures and policies, and revises procedures and manuals, ensures the availability of current information by collaborating with CM leadership staff.
4. Prepares a variety of letters, memos, procedures and other written material; may enter information into and access multiple databases, AHS Electronic Health Records or use information from various sources to prepare such materials.
5. Reviews a variety of documents related to the operations of the unit for performance to program regulations and procedures; researches and makes corrections as required; distributes documents internally or externally, meeting appropriate deadlines; prepares periodic and special reports regarding documents processed.
6. Managing care management assignment schedules for dissemination.
7. Coordinates purchasing activities; reviews requisitions for completeness and accuracy; ensures appropriate coding and availability of funds; follows-up on requisitions with Purchasing; processes confirming requisitions and special orders.
8. Maintains records and files related to work performed; maintains time keeping records for staff.
9. Performs special projects such as researching information, summarizing data, evaluating alternatives and preparing narrative or statistical reports.
10. Processes a variety of personnel forms including examination and certification requests and payroll documentation; reviews forms for completeness and compliance to regulations; maintains confidential personnel and related records; answers employee questions regarding personnel procedures when necessary.
11. Prepares contract documentation and processes requests for payment for professional service and related contracts; ensures that contract provisions are met and that appropriate approvals are received.
12. Reconciles invoices & resolves discrepancies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Required Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree. Required Experience: Five years' experience in an administrative role supporting clinical staff; experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Case Management applications, e.g. Midas or 3M. Preferred Experience: Experience in a Project Management role.